Mission of the Perinatal Depression Program
- Promote information, prevention, screening and treatment for perinatal depression, targeting professionals on the one hand and the general population on the other.
- Create, update and distribute a Guide to the main places in Geneva that care for women suffering from perinatal depression and their children and relatives.
- Promote interdisciplinary collaboration and links between physical health and psychological health in treating women, with a view to providing perinatal continuity.
- Develop, at a canton level, prenatal interviewing for the prevention and screening of perinatal depression.
- Improve patient referral and respond to the growing demand for specialized care for mothers and mothers-to-be.
- Make “non-psychiatric” professionals aware of psychological issues and support them in the comprehensive care of the psychological health of women during the perinatal period.
Last update : 27/06/2018