You have activated the high contrast version of the site. For more info on this topic, please visit this page.
As soon as you know the date of your admission to hospital, we advise you to drop in to our Admissions Office a few days in advance, if your state of health permits. This gives you a chance to complete the administrative formalities and save yourself the trouble on the day of your admission to hospital.
What you need to be registered for admission:
- the letter of referral from your doctor (HUG consultant or your general practitioner)
- insurance card or cover guarantee from your health insurance fund or insurance company
- an identity document (passport, identity card, family record book or residence permit for foreigners living in Switzerland)
- if admitted following an accident: the health insurer’s decision, quoting the claim number
- decision of the statutory Invalidity Insurance, if this is the reason for your admission to hospital
- if you are not fully covered by a recognized insurer or your care is not covered under health insurance law, you will need a deposit or certification of deposit.