SOS Gelures [SOS Frostbite]
Mission of the SOS Gelures [SOS Frostbite] Program
- Admit and treat hyperbaric medical emergencies.
- SOS Gelures [SOS Frostbite] is a medical research program that aims to evaluate the benefit of hyperbaric oxygen therapy in the treatment of severe frostbite.
- Improving collaboration across the French-Swiss border to optimize medical treatment of severe frostbite.
- Creating an international medical network for treatment of frostbite.
- Ensuring a 24/7 hotline to offer specialist opinions and treatment guidance adapted to the degrees of severity and therapeutic means locally available.
- Centralizing and analyzing the frostbite treatment parameters of different centers through an international frostbite registry.
- Putting updated frostbite treatment protocols online.
The team from the Hyperbaric Medicine Program Division is in charge of the SOS Gelures program at the Geneva University Hospitals.
The team from the Hôpitaux du Mont-Blanc Emergency Room is in charge of the French side of the program.