Foundations Supporting Research at HUG
Medical research foundations are non-profit organizations whose purpose is to support medical science by funding projects or people.
Several foundations support HUG, helping advance medicine in various sectors by creating centers of research and of excellence in priority fields (neuroscience, chronic illnesses, oncology, imaging and information science, etc.)
As well as financing projects, the granting of funds can also be used to give financial help to teachers and researchers by making grants available to support teaching or to acquire effective medical equipment.
Some foundations also fund facilities or projects which improve the immediate comfort of patients (fitting out of hospitality rooms, creating care and relaxation areas, etc.)
The following foundations support HUG and the University of Geneva Faculty of Medicine:
- La Fondation privée des HUG (FR)
- La fondation Louis Jeantet
- La Société académique de Genève (FR)
- La fondation Dr Henri Dubois-Ferrière Dinu Lipatti
- La fondation Leenaards (FR)
- La fondation Carlos et Elsie de Reuter (FR)
- La fondation Gertrude Von Meissner
- La fondation Gecor
- La fondation Lionel Perrier (FR)