New Hospital Building
On Saturday the 4th of March and Sunday the 5th of March 2017, come and discover the new Gustave Julliard hospital building.
You've seen it being built... now you can finally take a peek inside. Don't miss this unique opportunity to visit the hospital of the future!
You can visit:
- Bedrooms: even more comfort for patients in one or two-bed rooms including shower and toilet.
- Intermediate Care: an 18-bed unit devoted to patients who require close monitoring.
- Isolation Areas: negative and positive pressure rooms, equipped with a double airlock doors, to protect vulnerable patients.
- The Innovation Centre: a space for gathering, developing and implementing innovative ideas, the key to building our future.
- Intensive Care: 24-hour monitoring of patients with serious medical conditions that require intensive care.
- Operating Rooms: a world of cutting-edge technology and safety... usually entered under anaesthetic.
- And many other surprises…
HUG professionals will be on hand to give you directions, welcome you, give details of the areas visited, and answer any questions you may have.
Various activities have also been arranged, and refreshments are available.
Date: On Saturday the 4th of March and Sunday the 5th of March 2017
Times: 9am to 8pm.
Free entry on registration.
Address: Rue Alcide-Jentzer 17 - 1205 Genève
Public transport: Bus 5 or 7
Car access: Lombard car park.
Given the number of visitors expected and the low number of parking spaces available, we strongly recommend that you opt for public transport.
Pets: are not permitted.
Food and drink: are not allowed inside the building
Crèche: there is no specific facility for child care. The tours are suitable for young audiences. Children must be accompanied at all times.
Pushchairs: there is no access for pushchairs on the tour.
Photos: the use of cameras and video cameras is permitted, as long as visitors respect the instructions of the HUG employees on site.
Liability: the HUG does not accept any liability for the theft, loss of or damage to personal effects.
Catering: food service areas are open to visitors to the building. It is forbidden to eat or drink during the tour.
Smoking: it is strictly forbidden to smoke.
Alcohol: the consumption of alcohol is prohibited in the building.
Safety: please follow the instructions of the open days staff, who are there to look after you, in all circumstances. We would also ask that you stay in the areas reserved for visitors, and not to touch any equipment.
Under-18s remain the responsibility of their parents or legal guardians at all times. They should always be accompanied by an adult during the visit.
Preparing your visit
The mobile app
Would you like a guided tour of the new hospital building? Download our audio guide on your Android or Apple mobile device. Use this app to get all the information about the different areas you will visit.
The app is available in French and English, for iPhone and Android:
Good to know
The new hospital building is named after Gustave Julliard. As chief surgeon of the hospital, he was behind the creation of the University of Geneva's Faculty of Medicine, the first in western Switzerland. It opened in 1876... with 47 students. Gustave Julliard was its first dean.